Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FUTURECOP

Either I'm crazy or those are two Power Gloves being worn by the protagonist of this image. At any rate, Futurecop! do indeed take us on a futuristic adventure. I hope you're not tired of dreamwave yet cause I'm certainly not, and this post is full of it!

Futurecop! so far as I can tell are veterans of the dreamwave style. If indeed I am right about that (and I am only guessing based on number of myspace hits, an inexact measure at best), then it shows through in the sense that their songs are fucking awesome. Some dreamwave has left me excited but at times bored, but Futurecop! seriously delivers the goods for every song I've heard. Here is a recent track as an example


Ghosthustler are (according to Binary, anyway) pretty serious fathers of dreamwave as well, and fittingly enough they took on Futurecop! in a song that "feels so good," as the chorus of this track will tell you in all its vocoded glory.


And here is a very silly track, essentially nothing more than a nostalgic hip hop a cappella with some sweet keys, which appears to have been an exclusive for Too Many Sebastians (an excellent blog by the by). I'm not sure if this is actually a Skee-Lo a cappella or if it uses the same lyrics or what but i dig the "I wish I was a little bit taller" breakdown in this bad boy

No comments:

Post a Comment