Sunday, July 12, 2009

99


I beak Calgary pretty frequently, but every once in a while this redneck town gives me a nice pleasant surprise. Usually this surprise comes in the form of horse poop in public places (especially during Stampede) but recently I was given a rare treat: two bangin' electro tunes from a local producer!

A friend pointed me in the direction of 99, who has already been featured on much more prominent and widely read Binary. Clearly a fan of French bangers, Ed Banger style, 99 delivers the goods pretty majorly on these two tracks.

The first track, Sans Fil, features a big nasty relentless bassline, spooky vocals and stabby organs. A recipe for success if ever I heard one.  


I think I prefer this other track, though, with its never-ending climactic bassline and Oizo-style driving synths. And a cheeky dirty female vocal around the one minute mark doesn't hurt either.


Stay tuned, consistent posts coming soon!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment