Saturday, April 25, 2009

Modeselektor: Awesome or incredible?















The answer to that question: BOTH. They are a group about whom I can make the very rare claim that I have yet to hear a song theirs which I don't adore, and I challenge anyone who downloads these songs to refute my claim that they are the coolest motherfuckers on the planet. Seriously, look at that picture. Are you telling me you WOULDN'T want them DJing your party? 

These tracks aren't nearly as dirty as the tracks from the last post... Modeselektor's appeal lies in their polished sound. Where someone like MSTRKRFT or the Bloody Beetroots seem to want noisy bass for the sake of noisy bass (which I have no problem with, understand), the guys in Modeselektor are very good at tweaking and perfecting until their synths and drums etc. are perfect for whatever it is they are writing... perfectly appropriate and tasteful parts are the order of the day. And those that remix them (particularly Siriusmo) seem to understand that and reflect that in their remixes.





No comments:

Post a Comment